Make a difference to someone’s life
Bethanie offers a variety of aged care services for the elderly, and we rely on the goodwill of community volunteers to assist our clients and residents through the provision of social interaction and transport. Bethanie Residents and Clients have benefited greatly from the volunteer programme, since its inception, dating back to the construction of the first buildings used by the organisation in 1954.
We aim to recruit another 300 additional volunteers
Bethanie Volunteer Manager, Laurette LeCras explains, “Volunteer interaction with our clients plays such an important role, whether it’s through social interaction with a resident, running a games group like bingo or even those who can help with one off special events. Every little bit makes such a big difference and really helps to brighten the day of our clients.”
We offer a variety of volunteering options to anyone interested in making a difference through volunteering. With a flexible program we are happy to work with whatever hours you can offer, whether it is assisting with one off functions, setting a weekly or monthly date, or helping out daily.
Opportunities are available throughout the Perth metropolitan area extending from North Perth to Port Kennedy as well as rurally from the South West and Bunbury as well as North to Geraldton. To get involved contact Laurette LeCras on 0407 479 123 or Laurette.Lecras@bethanie.com.au
Examples of regular activities
- Providing social interaction on an individual basis with a resident;
- Setting up and running a group e.g. bingo, scrabble, bridge, cards;
- Cooking and craft activities;
- Setting up and running conversation during a social group e.g. ladies chit chat;
- Volunteers with an endorsed license (i.e. able to drive more than a 12 seater bus);
- Assisting with group activities in the Social Centre or
- Company for clients being transported on the bus to attend Day Centre and on their return home in afternoon.
Examples of occasional activities
- Volunteers who are able to dedicate some time occasionally for special events e.g. Days outs (bus trips etc), special functions in facility or
- Volunteers with an endorsed license (i.e. able to drive more than a 12 seater bus).
Volunteering is something that many people want to do, but they do not know how to go about arranging it. With our flexibility and willingness to take on any help that can be given, it’s easy for people to reach out and make a big difference for a small sacrifice at Bethanie.
For anyone interested in becoming involved with the Bethanie Volunteers or for further information please contact Laurette LeCras on 0407 479 123 or Laurette.email@example.com