Meals and Food at Bethanie Residential
At Bethanie Residential all our food is cooked fresh on site. We have qualified, trained & experienced chefs and cooks at each Bethanie site which allows us to cater in house at each facility so decisions can be made quickly regarding menu choices, availability and special requests.
The four weekly cycle menu changes twice a year, (summer & winter) to reflect the seasons and available fresh produce. Our menus include choices such as Salmon steaks, Beef Cheeks and favorites including Treacle Tart and Bread and Butter pudding, just to name a few. There is also a resident/chef choice on once a week. As always, we advocate fresh is best on our menus.
The residents also have the opportunity to provide feed back on the menu choices provided through menu surveys and resident meetings conducted on site.
Bethanie Chefs follow standard recipes produced by our hospitality consultant. We also have a rigorous food safety training programme at each site, as well as corporate induction for new staff which includes training in health and safety practices.
Bethanie is passionate about fresh food. That is why we are investing in our ‘Good to Great’ programme. This includes staff education around the dining experience, and chef development days .
Sourcing Our Food
Our food is sourced locally where possible. Meat is purchased from the South West, with Fruit & Vegetables procured from Zimbulis Wholesalers of Canningvale.
Bethanie only deals with HACCP accredited suppliers to insure food safety compliance and best quality delivered to site. Our kitchens are independently audited twice a year for compliance to our food safety programme. As well as local health inspector visits
Benefits of Freshly Cooked Food
- Cook fresh methods appear to have less nutrient loss (when served within 90 minutes of cooking),
- Customer expectation is that meals would be prepared fresh on site by either a qualified chef or cook,
- Presentaion of freshly cooked food is hard to beat,
- Food has an important social aspect & freshly cooked food is more appealing to residents,
- Our Dietician approves the menu for suitability, & provides a report on the nutritional value & RDI (recommended dietary intake) status with recommendation if required.
Special Events / Special Requests
Each Bethanie site actively offers theme days (eg: Melbourne Cup, Valentines Day, Christmas in July, Christmas). As you’d expect, Bethanie caters for specials diets (eg: Diabetics, Vegetarians, Modified Diets, Thickened Fluids, and Cultural Diets etc) as required.