COVID-19 vaccination status
The COVID-19 vaccination rate among Bethanie’s residential staff is at 100 per cent! We were proud Bethanie’s residential staff met this milestone before the federal government deadline of September 17.
Because the Delta COVID-19 variant is a heightened risk to both staff and customers, we decided the rest of Bethanie’s staff and volunteers also need the COVID-19 vaccination.
From November 1, all our staff and volunteers working in home care, social centres, corporate support and villages have had their first COVID vaccination.
We want to do everything we can to protect you
When enough people in the community are vaccinated, it slows down the spread of disease. Higher vaccination rates make outbreaks much less likely, which reduces the need for lockdowns.
AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines offer at least 90 per cent protection from death caused by the Delta variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
COVID-19 is much more serious for older people
• 1 of every 3 people over the age of 80 years who get COVID-19 will die from it
• Among Australians with COVID-19, 1 in 14 died if they were between 65–79 years of age
• COVID-19 spreads quickly in aged care facilities because residents are susceptible and live close to each other
• Aged care facilities have been the setting for a number of serious COVID-19 outbreaks in Australia.
• Many older people have chronic medical conditions that further increase their risk of severe COVID-19, such as chronic heart or lung disease or diabetes.