THE BIG BETHANIE BAKE OFF 2019
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Bethanie Group Inc (“Bethanie”) invites you to enter into The Big Bethanie Bake Off Competition (“Competition”). The Competition is sponsored and organised by Bethanie.
- The Competition entails a bake-off, which will be held on Wednesday, 13 November 2019 at the SRCWA, Have-a-Go Day, a LiveLighter event organised by the Senior’s Recreation Council of WA Inc. (“SRC”), which will take place at Burswood Park, Burswood, Western Australia (“Grand Finale”).
- This Competition is being promoted through various digital and media outlets including but not limited to Have-a-Go News and Facebook.
- The terms and conditions of entry and participation in the Competition (“Rules”) are set out below.
- By submitting your entry into the Competition in accordance with these Rules, you acknowledge that:
- you have read, understood, accepted and agreed to be bound by these Rules;
- Bethanie reserves the right to update and change these Rules from time to time and without notice; and
- you have no claim or right of appeal against Bethanie in respect to any change to these Rules or in respect to any loss, damage or injury which you may suffer as a result of any change to these Rules.
- Entry into this Competition is open to Western Australian residents only. You may be required to provide Bethanie with proof of identity and residency, to Bethanie’s satisfaction. Entries from entrants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a signed parental/guardian consent in a form prescribed by Bethanie. All kids and students must be a minimum of 6 years old.
- To enter into the Competition, please complete and submit the entry form provided at bigbethaniebakeoff.com (“Entry Form”) by no later than 5.00pm AWST on 15 October 2019. No other form of entry will be accepted.
- The Entry Form must be completed in full at bigbethaniebakeoff.com and must include the following information:
a. details of recipe including the following:
ii. quantities; and
b. hi-resolution photograph of the completed dish; and
c. recipe background story/recipe history.
- You may submit 1 Entry Form only.
- If you submit an incomplete Entry Form, your Entry Form may be rejected and you may be disqualified from the Competition at the discretion of Bethanie.
- Only a few entrants will be selected to participate in the Grand Finale. These entrants are the Competition’s “Finalists”. The Finalists will be selected based on the following aspects of their recipe:
a. background story;
c. nutritional content; and
d. the appeal of the dish.
- The selection of Finalists will be at Bethanie’s absolute discretion. You have no claim or right of appeal against Bethanie in respect to the selection of Finalists. If you are selected as a Finalist, Bethanie will notify you accordingly by letter to the address provided on your Entry Form.
- Bethanie will provide all Finalists with the following items for the purposes of participation in the Grand Finale:
a. a working kitchenette;
b. hats and aprons;
d. a $30 Coles Gift Card to cover other ingredients.
- If the Finalist requires any other items which are not listed above, the Finalist is responsible for obtaining and transporting those items to the Grand Finale at the Finalist’s own cost. Such items may include:
a. additional pots and pans and any other cookware required;
b. ingredients for the dish;
c. additional knives, forks, spoons, tongs, scissors and any other utensils or cutlery required;
d. presentation plates for the dish;
e. all necessary ingredients to complete the dish;
f. presentation items to enhance the message of the dish;
g. friends and family for support, subject to paragraph 16; and
h. signage or banners (optional).
- The Finalist may nominate a maximum of 2 people to assist the Finalist in the Grand Finale (“Assistants”). Bethanie will permit a maximum of 2 Assistants to assist the Finalist in the Grand Finale provided that:
a. the Assistant signs an agreement in a form prescribed by Bethanie whereby the Assistant agrees to be bound by terms similar in substance to the terms set out in paragraphs 11, 19, 21, 28, 30 and 31 of these Rules; and
b. if the Assistant is under the age of 18 years, the Assistant’s parent/guardian provides a signed consent in a form prescribed by Bethanie.
- Bethanie reserves the right to prohibit the Finalist from taking any items to the Grand Finale if Bethanie determines (acting reasonably) that such items may pose an unreasonable hazard to the safety of other Finalists or other persons attending the Grand Finale.
- Finalists who fail to arrive on time for the Grand Finale may be disqualified from the Competition.
- Finalists are responsible for arranging their own transport to and from the Grand Finale at their own cost.
- If a Finalist is unable to make his/her own way to the Grand Finale, he/she may nominate a fellow WA senior to participate in the Grand Finale on his/her behalf. If a Finalist is under the age of 18 years and is unable to make his/her own way to the Grand Finale, he/she may nominate another person to participate in the Grand Finale on his/her behalf. Bethanie will allow the nominee to participate in the Grand Finale provided that:
a. the nominee signs an agreement in a form prescribed by Bethanie whereby the nominee agrees to be bound by terms similar in substance to the terms set out in paragraphs 11, 19, 21, 28, 30 and 31 of these Rules; and
b. if the nominee is under the age of 18 years, the nominee’s parent/guardian provides a signed consent in a form prescribed by Bethanie.
- During the Grand Finale, Finalists will be supervised by a representative of Bethanie. However, Finalists bake entirely at their own risk. Finalists release Bethanie from any liability for any loss, damage or injury arising from the Finalist’s participation in the Grand Finale.
- All finalists must be present at the Grand Finale from 9am to 2pm to participate in the Grand Finale.
- All Finalists
Each Finalist team will receive a Maggie Beer special recipe book and movie tickets.
- Winning Under 18 and Senior
a. Bethanie will determine the winning Finalist under the age of 18 years (“Under 18 Winner”) and the winning senior Finalist (“Senior Winner”) at Bethanie’s absolute discretion. Finalists have no claim or right of appeal against Bethanie in respect to the determination of the Under 18 Winner and Senior Winner.
b. The Under 18 Winner will receive a voucher for a Flight Experience voucher and pass to Adventure World
c. The senior winner will receive dinner or lunch at Frasers Restaurant to the value of $200
- Overall Winner
a. Bethanie will determine the overall winner of the Competition (“Overall Winner”) at Bethanie’s absolute discretion. Finalists have no claim or right of appeal against Bethanie in respect to the determination of the Overall Winner.
b. The Overall Winner will be awarded $250 cash prize.
- Prizewinners will be announced and prizes will be awarded at the Grand Finale. Each prizewinner is responsible for redeeming his/her own prize. Any prizes which are not collected at the Grand Finale will remain the property of Bethanie and may be dealt with by Bethanie at Bethanie’s absolute discretion.
- Bethanie is not responsible or liable for any loss or disappointment suffered as a result of unclaimed prizes.
- Prizes must be taken as supplied and are not negotiable, redeemable for cash or transferable. Bethanie is not responsible or liable for any variation in the value of the prize. Bethanie makes no warranty, guarantee or representation as to the nature and quality of the prizes.
- You release and indemnify Bethanie from all liability, cost, loss, expense, damage, injury or death arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or arising out of participation in the Competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
- All details supplied on your Entry Form (whether you are selected as a Finalist or not) will be retained by Bethanie after the prizes are awarded to their respective recipients. This is a mandatory requirement of the Gaming and Wagering Commission Act 1987. This information will be destroyed once a 12-month period has elapsed. If you do not want your details to be retained this manner, you must notify Bethanie by no later than 13 November 2019, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You consent to the use by Bethanie of your details and you acknowledge that Bethanie may, at its discretion disclose and use those details for the purpose of providing you with goods or services, communicating with you, planning, research, product and business development and sales, the promotion and marketing (whether target, direct or indirect) of Bethanie’s businesses, services or products or those of a third party which we believe may be of benefit to you.
- Anyone wishing to use the Big Bethanie Bake Off to market themselves or their organization will need to follow the brand guidelines and seek permission form Bethanie’s marketing department. The name of the competition will always be listed as ‘Big Bethanie Bake Off’ and any images used must only be those approved by Bethanie. The logo which can be downloaded from the website must be used on all marketing materials associated with this competition and be the Big Bethanie Bake Off logo as approved by Bethanie. Implementation of your PR / marketing strategy involving the Big Bethanie Bake Off must be approved by contacting Narelle Thompson at Bethanie on 131 151. Bethanie can supply assistance and support on PR and or marketing activities relating to the Big Bethanie Bake Off.
- If you are selected as a Finalist:
a. you give Bethanie a gratuitous right to publish your recipe (as set out in your Entry Form) in a booklet produced by Bethanie (which will be distributed to attendees at the SRCWA, Have-a-Go Day, a LiveLighter event);
b. you agree to participate and co-operate as required by Bethanie in all editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed; and
c. you permit Bethanie to publish your name and suburb and you grant Bethanie a gratuitous right to use your name, image, voice and likeness for promotional and publicity purposes.