Make a difference to someone’s life
As a volunteer, you become part of the Bethanie team. Your goodwill has a meaningful and positive impact on our customers by reducing isolation and increasing socialisation, offering services that would otherwise be unavailable and promoting a healthy community.
At Bethanie we value and welcome volunteers in our facilities to share their time, interest and skills with our customers. Money can buy many things, but it can’t buy listening to a lifetime of memories.
As a volunteer you will benefit personally by meeting new people and making new friends, learning new skills and feeling part of a vibrant community.
“Volunteer interaction with the customer plays an important role whether it’s through social interaction with a resident, running a games group like Bingo, or those who help with one-off special events. Every little bit makes a big difference and really helps to brighten the day of our customers.”
Bethanie Volunteer Manager, Laurette LeCras
Our volunteering program is flexible, and opportunities are available within both community and residential throughout Perth and regional Western Australia. We are happy to work with your availability, whether it is assisting with activities on a regular or occasional basis.
Types of activities
Examples of regular activities include:
- Providing social interaction on an individual basis with a resident
- Setting up and running a group, for example Bingo, Scrabble, Bridge, cardsEestablishing and running conversation groups
- Cooking and craft activities
- Transport (volunteers with an endorsed license – able to drive more than a 12-seater bus)
- Assisting with group activities in a Social Centre
- Providing company for customers being transported by bus attending and returning from Social Centres
- Visiting seniors living in their own home, supported by Bethanie, who may be socially isolated
Examples of occasional activities include:
- Volunteers able to dedicate time for special events, for example days out (bus trips, special functions, Bethanie Bake-Off and Have-a-Go-Day)
- Volunteers with an endorsed license – able to drive more than a 12-seater bus)
How to become a volunteer?
If you would like to know more about volunteering at Bethanie and how we can help you or a loved one, please call Laurette LeCras on 131 151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Bethanie Jobs
Full-time/ Part-time Positions are Available at Bethanie
If you want to join a great team of people who are passionate about aged care in Western Australia, you’ve come to the right place.