Big Bethanie Bake Off Finalists AnnouncedNov 11,2018
Bethanie, Western Australia’s most recognized not-for-profit aged care and retirement living provider is delighted to announce they have chosen eight finalists to compete in their Big Bethanie Bake Off – taking place on Wednesady 14th November at Have-a-Go Day, a LiveLighter event.
Four seniors and four juniors have been chosen from across the state to compete against each other in the live bake off competition. All entries were judged on creativity, nutritional value, and complexity of the recipe, along with the story behind their secret family recipe.
Bethanie CEO Chris How says, “This is our fifth year running the Big Bethanie Bake Off and each year the judging gets harder. “We love running this annual event as it really works on closing the intergenerational gap and provides an opportunity for seniors and juniors to come together and compete in front of a live audience, with great prizes to be won.”
The 2018 Big Bethanie Bake Off Finalists are:
Senior Finalists –
- Wayne Belcher from Braemar Aged Care for Wayne’s Crepes
- Wendy Warren from Bethanie Mount Claremont Living Well Centre for her Christmas Shortbread
- Ruby Neill from Bethanie Kwinana Living Well Centre for her Cauliflower Mustard Pickle
- Joan Edmonds from Bethanie Mount Claremont Living Well Centre for Grandma’s Patty Cakes
Junior Finalists –
- Travis Whitaker from Ashfield Primary School for his Nana’s Scottish Oatmeal
- Nichola Powell from St Anthony’s School Greenmount for her Hainanese Fried Rice
- Tom Rechichi from St Anthony’s School Greenmount for his Gnocchi
- Athie McNichol from Spring Hill Primary School for her Great Great Grandmothers Hazelnut and Chocolate Cake
All finalists will need to recreate their dish at the live cook-off event where an expert judging panel will decide on a Senior Winner, Junior Winner and the overall Big Bethanie Bake Off Champion.< View all news