When choosing a Retirement Village, it is important to think about your ideal lifestyle. How it looks now and how you want to live it in the future.
So what questions should you ask yourself?
Information is available everywhere. We suggest you read provider brochures and websites and watch their videos. A list of informative FAQs are also published on the Consumer Protection (WA) website.
Involve your family and friends in the conversation. It’s an important decision that should be well considered.
Before choosing a village, consider these questions:
• Is the location safe and convenient to family and friends, public transport, shops and community services such as medical centres and recreational facilities?
• Is there a range of accommodation options that will allow you to age in place?
• How secure is the village and do you feel safe?
• Is there a village vibe that suits your ideal lifestyle?
• What lifestyle amenities, leisure activities and services are available?
• Is the village well maintained?
• What are the costs of living in the village?
• Are pets welcome?
• Can family and friends stay?
• Is there access to an aged care facility on site or nearby?
• Is the village operator trusted and well regarded in the industry?
• Is the village operator happy for you to speak with existing residents to see what village life is like?
• Does the village support ageing in place?
• What are the village rules and guidelines?
• Does the Village Manager take an active role in village life?
• Is the Resident’s Committee active in the village?
Matching your needs to those being offered by the provider will help you choose which village best suits your lifestyle.
If you would like to know more about a Bethanie Retirement Village or to arrange a tour, please call us now on 131 151 anytime, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this contact form below and we will get back to you. Our friendly staff are available to help you with your enquiry 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.