Staying at home saves lives
We’re being urged to follow the Government’s advice to stay at home and only leave for what we need - to exercise, to go to work, for medical reasons or to provide care for someone, so we can keep our distance and therefore help to flatten the curve.
So, what can we do to stay engaged and keep our spirits whilst staying at home? Here are some ideas:
- Call a close friend and a friend you haven’t spoken with in some time
- Write a poem or start to jot down your memoirs
- Be daring and do something you have never tried before such as painting or flamenco dancing by enrolling in one of the many online courses
- Bring our world closer by getting a map and pulling a recipe from the website from a different country each day, so you get to know their culture through their cuisine
- Pick a museum or zoo around the world and see if they do virtual tours.
- Do regular stretching or yoga
- Plant a vegetable and herb garden – the fresh food will be so useful and yummy and the fresh air uplifting